incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jan van Doorn <...@knutsel.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC8)
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 01:34:44 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks again for your time checking our release, and sorry we’re still not there.

We’ve been running https://creadur.apache.org/rat/ <https://creadur.apache.org/rat/>
 - is there anything else that you use that we can also use? Any tips you have for us to get
through this?

Best Regards,
JvD

> On Jan 20, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) as licensing issues and file headers reported last release
that were not fixed.

> I checked:
> - names include incubating
> - signature and hashes are OK
> - disclaimer exits
> - LICENSE still has issues brought up from last release
> - NOTICE is OK but has wrong year
> - Source files have ASF header. A couple of files have them incorrectly.
> - No unexpected binary files in release.
>
> While some of the issues brought up in last release have been fixed, there a large number
that look like they haven’t.

> LICENSE Is still missing licenses for jQuery UI, normalize.css, angular loading bar,
lz-string (which also incorrectly has an ASF header on it), pretty print  (and which also
has an incorrectly added ASF header) and modernizr. They may be others. Also the dual licensing
for select2.js has not been dealt with and nor has the licensing of multiple font files.

> LICENSE also includes WebAppers Progress Bar which as pointed out last release is Category
B and cannot be included in a source release.

> Re licensing around the MaxMind DB GeoLite2 Database [1] (under a CC share-alike license)
also IMO needs to be sorted. I’m not sure it classifies as "unmodified media”, best to
ask on legal discuss.