incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New website to go with new logo?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 03:52:10 GMT
On 15.01.2017 15:47, John D. Ament wrote:
> So I want to put this out there as an idea I had been toying with.  With
> our new logo we should launch a new incubator website.  Something more
> modern looking and easier to maintain.  This is in part what I was trying
> to do with the git conversion,

Going slightly on a tangent, /me wonders what bearing the VCS has on how
hard or easy it is to maintain the site content ... let alone how it looks.

Looks like the world has graduated from the "Let's rewrite it in Java"
to the "Let's migrate it to Git" method of wasting time. :)

Always acknowledging, of course, that your time is your own to waste ...
as long as it does not cause everyone else to waste time changing their
tools and workflow. For what good reason, exactly? I must have missed
the well-argued rationale.

-- Brane