incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree (incubating) 0.1.0-rc4 as 0.1.0
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:02:33 GMT
Hi,

> - The following test jars have been replaced with code to compile source
> and build jars at runtime

Great!

> With regard to sbt, Apache Spark includes a build
> script for sbt here: https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/build/sbt Can
> we grab that script and use it?

Sure.

> - With regard to the copyrights being in the LICENSE file, that should only
> be happening for our binary distribution.

I’m not sure they need to be in the binary either. The only reason a copyright needs to
be mentioned in NOTICE is if it been relocated from a source file header. [1] Only a few thing
need to go in NOTICE. [2]

>  Is there a specific place we should put the extra license information

No it's up to you.

> Should people be able to build the binary distribution LICENSE, NOTICE, etc from source?

Generally yes. The binary must be made from what’s in the source release see [3].

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice