incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC8)
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 02:03:33 GMT
Hi,

> Thanks again for your time checking our release, and sorry we’re still not there.

It’s a complex release and may take a little while to get right, and it ’s certainly not
expected that you get everything right while in the incubator.

In this case the issues where raised with the last release and not fixed. Do you have these
issues recorded in JIRA? That a good way to remember they need to be done before the next
release.

Also you still may get enough other people to voting +1 on this release (a -1 is not a veto)
or you or someone else could change my mind.

> We’ve been running https://creadur.apache.org/rat/ <https://creadur.apache.org/rat/>

Rat is a very useful tool, but it wont catch everything and only knows about a limited number
of licenses.

>  - is there anything else that you use that we can also use? Any tips you have for us
to get through this?

Just follow [1] it gives clear instruction off how to deal with most cases. [2] is also a
help when it come to allowed 3rd party code. Your mentors should also be able to help here.

If you want me to take a look at when it comes up on your dev list, before offering it up
for voting on the incubator list, just ask.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved