incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Beam release 0.4.0-incubating
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:46:32 GMT
Hi John,

as you can see in the original vote e-mail:

"* While we are currently in graduation discussions, I think it makes
sense to make this incubating release anyway. It significantly improves
getting started experience for our users, and we’d like to have it
released by the time any potential announcement is made."

This vote started before the graduation process on the podling.

Regards
JB

On 12/22/2016 04:41 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> Beam has graduated at this point, so I'm not sure why you're voting on a
> release here.
>
> John
>
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Casting my vote here.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 12/21/2016 05:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the Apache Beam,
>>> version 0.4.0-incubating, as follows:
>>> [ ] +1, Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
>>> * JIRA release notes [1],
>>> * the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org
>> [2],
>>> * all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3],
>>> * source code tag "v0.4.0-incubating-RC3" [4],
>>> * website pull request listing the release and publishing the API
>>> reference manual [5].
>>>
>>> The Apache Beam community has unanimously approved this release [6].
>>>
>>> As customary, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted
>>> by a majority approval with at least three PMC affirmative votes. If
>>> approved, we will proceed with the release.
>>>
>>> Two questions are likely to be asked, so I thought I’d provide comments
>>> right away:
>>> * While we are currently in graduation discussions, I think it makes
>>> sense to make this incubating release anyway. It significantly improves
>>> getting started experience for our users, and we’d like to have it
>>> released by the time any potential announcement is made.
>>> * I had experienced networking connectivity issue reaching
>>> repository.apache.org, which is further described and tracked in
>>> INFRA-13086. I’ve received a tiny bit of help to work around this issue

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1008/
>>> [4]
>>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-beam.git;a=tag;h=112e38e4a68b07e6bf4916d1bdcc7ecaca8bbbd4
>>>
>>> [5]https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site/pull/109