incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 0.9.10-incubating (RC2)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 08:28:34 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Justin Mclean
<justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you clarify which of the release artefact are source releases.

Hi Justin,

The source artifacts are guacamole-client-0.9.10-incubating.tar.gz and
guacamole-server-0.9.10-incubating.tar.gz. The other artifacts are
convenience binaries which are built from guacamole-client.

> It might be a good idea to add “-src” or “-bin” to the artefact names to make
this clearer.

In the context of the project website, I believe there is already a
clear distinction between source and binary artifacts:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/0.9.10-incubating/

Do you think the artifacts need renaming as well? Would organizing the
artifacts into separate "source/" and "binary/" directories suffice?

Thanks,

- Mike