incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Page for gathering CFP submissions
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 02:37:18 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 9:14 PM Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 6:08 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > That doesn't work well from a permission standpoint.
>>
>> Can you elaborate?
>>

> There's a permission that allows a user to attach a file and a permission
> that would allow you to be the only one to modify your own attachment.  I'd
> rather not change the latter permission on the incubator JIRA, but I guess
> if we wanted to we could request a new JIRA project just to capture this.

I still don't understand -- the only issue here is to be able to essentially
"append" new submissions. Just for kicks I tried doing it with the JIRA
you created using a brand new account (created 2 minutes ago). It worked
like a charm:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-141

Thanks,
Roman.