incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 0.9.10-incubating (RC2)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 04:14:38 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 binding as the server artefact is missing a DISCLAIMER and NOTICE file.

Also some files (for instance [1][2]]) contain the text of the GPL license. GPL is Category
X and is not allowed as a dependancy (unless it’s an optional component or build tools like
autoconf in the sever artefact). I think this may be is OK as the software in question is
dual license but if that is the case you should just include the text of the license you wish
it to be licensed under no the text of both licenses. Can you please fix this in the next
release.

For the source artefacts I checked:
- artefacts name includes incubating
- hashes and signatures good
- server source is missing DISCLAIMER
- client and server LICENSE file good
- server artefact is missing NOTICE file
- No unexpected binary files in source release
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile client application
- Unable to compile server application

The convenience binary file LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMERS look good.

When configuring the server I get this error:
configure: error: "libpng is required for writing png messages"

But I do have libpng installed:
brew install libpng
Warning: libpng-1.6.26 already installed

Is OSX a supported platform? It would be nice if the README had a bit more information on
how to compile and what the dependancies are. For instance I think the instruction "Before
compiling, you need to have compiled and installed libguac, the core Guacamole library”
may possibly be misleading?

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./guacamole/src/licenses/bundled/jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1/License.txt
2. ./guacamole/src/licenses/bundled/jersey-1.17.1/license.html