incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams (incubating) 0.4.1
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2016 19:45:45 GMT
+1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs are OK
* Git-tag SHA1's match
* Can build from source
* L&N look OK in official artifacts
* DISCLAIMER is present
* KEYS file is present on dist.a.o and contains the appropriate keys.

I would raise one issue with the streams-examples artifact but I would
not consider a blocker at this point.

* It appears that you have multiple jar-with-dependencies that are built
by the shade plugin. Remember, that the artifacts that your
source-release creates must *also* be correctly licensed. I took a
glance at twitter-follow-neo4j-jar-with-dependencies.jar which only
contained the template LICENSE and NOTICE files for streams-examples.
While I have no exhaustively checked every dependency that you are
bundling, I would find this rather remarkable if it were accurate :)

- Josh

sblackmon wrote:
> Hi Incubator PMC,
>
> The Apache Streams community has voted and approved the proposal to
> release Apache Streams 0.4.1 (incubating).
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> 0.4.1-incubating is a maintenance release focused on code, documentation, style and test
improvements. Several highlights include adoption of the google java code style and databricks
scala code style, switch from JUnit to TestNG for integration tests, elimination of guava
transitive dependency from most modules, and removal of non-apache hadoop dependencies from
all modules.

> 0.4.1-incubating also contains bug fixes and additional flexibility in the facebook,
instagram, twitter, and youtube provider modules.