incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Guacamole 0.9.10-incubating (RC2)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 07:20:44 GMT
Hi,

> Yes ... assuming we can legally strip out the GPL option of that license
> without violating said license. I'm wary of modifying/removing license
> terms of third-party software.

INAL but IMO yes it’s ok. This has come up on both legal discuss and this list before.
But if you’re concerned just ask and I'll try and find the emails for you, search for yourself
or just ask on legal discuss. There's a few JIRAs as well that show other projects have also
done this. I don’t think it’s a blocker.

> We don't *not* support it …

Might be good to mention that in the README? i.e. that it’s untested and may not compile.

> Is the issue with DISCLAIMER and NOTICE the only issue you've found which
> blocks this release?

Yep they would be the only things I consider blockers.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-548
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-382