incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Beam release 0.4.0-incubating
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 04:46:53 GMT
Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the Apache Beam,
version 0.4.0-incubating, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3],
* source code tag "v0.4.0-incubating-RC3" [4],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API
reference manual [5].

The Apache Beam community has unanimously approved this release [6].

As customary, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted
by a majority approval with at least three PMC affirmative votes. If
approved, we will proceed with the release.

Two questions are likely to be asked, so I thought I’d provide comments
right away:
* While we are currently in graduation discussions, I think it makes
sense to make this incubating release anyway. It significantly improves
getting started experience for our users, and we’d like to have it
released by the time any potential announcement is made.
* I had experienced networking connectivity issue reaching
repository.apache.org, which is further described and tracked in
INFRA-13086. I’ve received a tiny bit of help to work around this issue
from a previous release manager, which is visible if you carefully
examine signatures.

Thanks!

JB

[1]