incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Joshua 6.1 RC#2
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 01:40:57 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) as:
- Your missing incubating in the release artefacts name. [1]
- There are a number of binary files in the source release that look to be compiled source
code.

I checked:
- name doesn’t include incubating
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing a few things (see below)
- a source file is missing an Apache header [7]
- Several unexpected binary files are contained in the source release [8][9][10][11]
- Can compile from source

License is missing:
- MIT licensed normalize.css v3.0.3 bundled in [5]
- glyph icon fonts [6]

Not an issue but it's a little odd to have LICENSE and NOTICE.txt - usually both are bare
or both have .txt extension.

Also while looking at your site I noticed that the download links of you incubating site [2]
points to github, please change to point to the offical release area.
Also the 6.1 release has already been tagged and it available for public download on github
[4]  before this vote is finished. This is IMO against Apache release policy [3] please remove.

I also notice you recently released the language packs (18th Nov) but there doesn’t seem
to have been a vote for that? Any reason for this?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Apache+Joshua+%28Incubating%29+Home
3. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
4. https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/releases
5. ./demo/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css
6. apache-joshua-6.1/demo/bootstrap/fonts/*
7. ./src/test/java/org/apache/joshua/decoder/ff/tm/OwnerMapTest.java
8. ./bin/GIZA++
9. ./bin/mkcls
10. ./bin/snt2cooc.out
11. ,/src/test/resources/berkeley_lm/lm.berkeleylm.gz