incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy Question: GA for GitHub for Podlings
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 02:10:30 GMT
I'm +0.5 for this right now.  There's some challenges I would like to see
answered to be able to move forward on this.

- Who controls the ACLs?  I have some strong opinions of the ACL.
Specifically, when the podling joins the incubator, I expect that the
"OpenWhisk" organization be handed over to us, and all non-IPMC members are
removed.  Once we receive ICLAs members are granted access back.  Or the
equivalent - we create a new "ApacheOpenWhisk" organization.

- All committers who are in the "incubator" group are granted write access
to OpenWhisk

- the ASF still needs to maintain records of the revision history.  I would
like to understand the plan to provide this history.

I'm not very comfortable with a policy that allows podlings to do things
they can't do as TLPs.  This is setting up for major delays in graduation.

John