incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy Question: GA for GitHub for Podlings
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:24:16 GMT
There are clearly some issues to work out.  These boil down to

a) technical. IPMC doesn't need to vote on that. Greg and Dan and Infra can
vote by doing or not.

b) policy details about who gets which permissions and when. I think that
these can be solved by discussion and consensus and don't even necessarily
need to be locked down completely as a condition of approval. In fact,
admitting that there is likely to be something that causes a small rethink
is probably a good stance.

c) the general willingness to go forward assuming technical assurances from
infra and confidence that (b) can be resolved.

Item (c) really seems to be the only matter to be considered by the IPMC.

I am:

 +1 on (c), which implies I think it is OK to
     solve (b) in a bit of an agile fashion by doing rather than
over-designing
     defer to infra on (a)