incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC5)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 02:47:39 GMT
On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > Again it a little confusing what is actually being released here, why
> are
> > > jars included here? [1] Remember maven is not the primary release area
> > [2]
> > >
> > > What exactly were the artefacts that were voted on the dev list?
> > >
> > > Justin
> > >
> > > 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
> > > 11.0-incubating-rc5/
> > > 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#where-do-releases-go
> > >

> > Thanks for taking the time to review SystemML RC Justin.
> > Please see this thread:
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.
> org/msg01121.html
> >
> > But in summary, the release folder you linked above contains the
> following
> > artifacts
> >
> > - Source Release
> >

> This is the only artifact that should be in the dist area, along with the
> appropriate signature files.  Can you remove the others?

I understand that the most important thing for Apache is the source release
artifact, but that does not prohibit a project from distributing
convenience binaries as long as they meet all the legal requirements
mandated by Apache. Also, the release structure hasn't changed much from
our previous releases, and by looking into recently approved podling
releases, they seem to have binary releases as well, maybe except the jar
related artifacts, that I believe would be ok to remove if that is causing
confusion.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975