incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy Question: GA for GitHub for Podlings
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 01:48:30 GMT
On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Phil Sorber <sorber@apache.org> wrote:
> I am +1 on both as well. My understanding is that there was an LDAP hurdle.
> Has that been resolved?

LDAP is tens of hours worth of work - total.  And I volunteered to do
the bulk of the initial effort.  Frankly, it is more of a timing
consideration than either a cost or risk consideration.  There will be
unanticipated breakage (probably mostly in tools like the phone book,
various whimsy tools, and ponymail) but those should be identified and
fixable quickly.

The right time seems to be shortly after people return from ACEU, so
probably early December.

- Sam Ruby