incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Incubator chat on Hipchat?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 14:49:38 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:23 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> Infra recently started leveraging hipchat.  A few PMCs have made use of
> it.  I was wondering, would it be beneficial to anyone if we setup an
> incubator room in hipchat?

How about just promoting the #asf IRC channel on freenode.net?

  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#asf

Better for podling contributors to make connections to the wider ASF
rather than to limit themselves to the current incubator, and the #asf
channel is already well established.

We could even embed the Kiwi IRC client in an iframe on the Incubator
website, at say http://incubator.apache.org/chat alongside guidance
documenting how we expect real-time communications to be used.

<iframe src="https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#asf"
style="border:0; width:100%; height:450px;"></iframe>

Marvin Humphrey