incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Geode (incubating)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 01:23:37 GMT
Justin, as usual thanks a million for your feedback. That part of the thread
has now moved to private@geode, but in summary a whole bunch of PMC
members (including myself) are now working with Pivotal to update a few
pages ASAP. We're all (including Pivotal) in agreement on what needs to
be done.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One way of seeing if the project is ready to graduate would be to check if the PPMC are
managing the brand correctly.

> A cursory look shows that IMO it could be a little bit better. For instance  [1] mentions
Apache once but has no trademark attribution or mention of ASF.
> The German version of the page has no mention of Apache [6], and some attribution here
would also be nice [7].

> But in other places it’s better like the blogs [2][5] (and more) and here [4] telling
people where to go for support.

> Why is the documentation here [3] MIT licensed and copyright Pivotal? I assume this is
just out of date and should be removed or redirect / point people to the new documentation?