incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenWhisk Proposal
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 14:48:46 GMT
Hi John

My understanding is, that we are well aware of this concern, which others have mentioned as
well.

Also Greg noted in the proposal:

> gstein sez: the podling can only graduate within an approved repository system. The IPMC
may have a differing opinion, but from an Infra perspective: the OpenWhisk podling can continue
with their usage of a GitHub repository, but faces a clear obstacle: GitHub "as master [as
allowed by the Foundation]" must be approved and working before the graduation, or they must
migrate their primary to the Foundation's Git repository (at git-wip) before they graduate.

I think this sounds like a good compromise to work on and the poddling intends to work actively
with Infra to see that we can stay in GitHub. If that is not possible, we byte the bullet
accordingly.

In addition, also according to Greg:

> We require that anybody committing to a GitHub repository authenticates with BOTH: GitHub,
and the ASF. No commits without that multiple authentication. (this is based on our current
experiments with Whimsy and Traffic Server; same rules would apply to this podling)

The original discussion took place after the initial submission, see [1]

Does that help ?

Regards
Felix

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1c22a29b69e944ee725278aae05bd41dea80d10d0d204c26eb4cb24c@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E