incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to denote unusual copyright circumstances, was Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.7.0 release candidate 3
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 17:58:01 GMT
After further consideration, I have a patch in flight to fix that. It
is a compiled source file.

However, my question was intended to be broader. As Henry notes, there
are some files that are Copyright Cloudera that were not part of the
SGA. How shall we annotate those to let future IPMC release voters
understand that the files are intentionally annotated the way they
are?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This (an another couple of things in your review) might stay the same
>> in the next release, but be allowed (as I read it) under the licensing
>> rules.
>
> As long as it not compile source files it should be fine. It's not not binary files i.e.
jpg and pngs and the like are ok. What does contain the file?