incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 15:55:21 GMT
On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> Agree with you on all points, Taylor.
>
> And I am even quite surprised to see the number of people backing the
> project, yet Apache is adamant to get involved. It feels a little bit like
> the "Community over Code" and "Independent of any Corporate Influences"
> have both received a big fat slap in their faces, and I think this hurts
> the ASF more than any fallout with named corporation.
>
> Disappointing to me...

That was my initial reaction as well, but then I thought some more and
ultimately
decided that expecting a bit more up-front community action was a
prudent choice.

What I'd like to see is a proof that ASF or no ASF the community wants to take
matters into its own hands and fork away. For now it isn't actually
obvious to me.

Thanks,
Roman.