incubator-general mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0 (incubating) RC5
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 15:59:50 GMT
What Donald said but also we use a slightly different process than most Apache projects. Master
is not a snapshot, we keep snapshots in the “develop” branch until RCs start and they
are the only contents of master ever—that is RCs or releases. This process is not typical
in Apache but I don’t think it violates the “don’t encourage people to get WIP/SNAPSHOT
code”. We do this to avoid master thrash—keeping thrashing in the develop branch.