incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Beam release 0.3.0-incubating
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 05:37:29 GMT
Hi,

> We discussed about this dependency on the dev mailing list.

Yep I read that discussion and it seems to me to be missing the main point. Yes you can’t
have Category X software in a release but you can’t have it as a dependancy either unless
it’s optional.

> The dependency is not embedded in any Beam distribution or jar file. The users have to
explicitly define the dependency to be able to use the Kinesis IO.

Which may not be enough IMO. The question to ask is “Will most users want to use Kinesis
IO or not?"

Thanks,
Justin