incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Beam release 0.3.0-incubating
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 06:18:26 GMT
Hi,

Changing my vote to +1 (binding).

> Not sure I understand. If the dependency is optional and scope provided, I don't think
it's an issue.

In the legal JIRA and the discussion on the dev list there's no nothing about if the dependancy
is considered optional or not that I could find.

This of course may be obvious to people working on the project but not to people outside the
project - so sorry about that. :-)

> Kinesis IO will be used by a very small part of users imho (only the ones who needs pipelines
connected with Kinesis).

If that’s the case then IMO there no issue with the dependancy.

Thanks,
Justin