incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:50:59 GMT
Hi Casey,

I noticed two things in my casual glance:

1) META-INF/NOTICE says "Curator Service Discovery", not "Apache Metron"
(and META-INF/NOTICE.txt is for commons-cli)
2) I see that commons-math3 is included, and I am nearly 100% positive
that there ware are NOTICE entries that need to be propagated from that
artifact into your NOTICE

Obviously, this is not an exhaustive "fix x, y, and z", but we can help
with that if there is confusion. The L&N on the tarball is good, so I
assume ya'll on are the path to being experts :)

Casey Stella wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks for looking so carefully again.  Regarding the metron-common jar,
> could you be more specific how it's not correct?  We placed a licenses
> file[1] in the META-INF directory for all of the jars which bundle
> components that have blurbs mentioning the permissive licenses.  Is there
> something that we missed?
>
> 1.
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/blob/master/metron-platform/metron-common/src/main/resources/META-INF/LICENSE
> is the one for metron-common
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> * xsums/sigs OK (I think this is the second release, I think both from
>> Metron, where firefox butchers the SHA xsum -- I have no idea why though.
>> wget is fine)
>> * L&N are OK. Some extra cruft in LICENSE file, but the main content is
>> there.
>> * Can build from source
>> * Found no binaries in source-release
>> * DISCLAIMER is present
>> * KEYS is appropriate
>>
>> Other observations:
>>
>> * Kudos to Justin on catching StixExtractorTest.java
>> * Looks like the version in the pom is 0.2.1BETA, but I would have
>> expected to see 0.2.1BETA-incubating.
>> * Nit: contents of the source-release artifact could also be named
>> similarly. It's "incubator-metron-Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2", I would expect
>> to see something like "apache-metron-0.2.1BETA-incubating".
>> * I picked out one JAR generated by the source release and inspected it
>> for proper L&N (metron-platform/metron-common/target/metron-common-0.2.1BETA.jar)
>> and it does not appear to be correct to me. It would be good to have this
>> on your radar to verify across the board -- make sure that L&N inside the
>> artifacts your source-release creates (shaded JARs) is properly licensed
>> just like the source-release is.
>> * What's going on with the Metron Ambari Management Pack? It has a
>> different version than the rest of the code (Metron Ambari Management Pack
>> 1.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT). Is this intentional?
>>
>> - Josh
>>

>> James Sirota wrote:
>>
>>> This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2 incubating
>>>
>>> Full list of changes in this release:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.
>>> 1BETA-RC2-incubating/CHANGES
>>>
>>> The tag/commit to be voted upon is Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2:
>>>
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-metron.g
>>> it;a=commit;h=3e278cdc2c60d6d193d53157512c68b2a3ed58de
>>>
>>> The source archive being voted upon can be found here:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.
>>> 1BETA-RC2-incubating/apache-metron-0.2.1BETA-RC2-incubating.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.
>>> 1BETA-RC2-incubating/
>>>
>>> The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

>>> it;a=blob;f=KEYS;h=c11bcb9b7385b4d155501aa097afd890f1070a18;