incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 04:32:01 GMT
+1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs OK (I think this is the second release, I think both from
Metron, where firefox butchers the SHA xsum -- I have no idea why
though. wget is fine)
* L&N are OK. Some extra cruft in LICENSE file, but the main content is
there.
* Can build from source
* Found no binaries in source-release
* DISCLAIMER is present
* KEYS is appropriate

Other observations:

* Kudos to Justin on catching StixExtractorTest.java
* Looks like the version in the pom is 0.2.1BETA, but I would have
expected to see 0.2.1BETA-incubating.
* Nit: contents of the source-release artifact could also be named
similarly. It's "incubator-metron-Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2", I would expect
to see something like "apache-metron-0.2.1BETA-incubating".
* I picked out one JAR generated by the source release and inspected it
for proper L&N
(metron-platform/metron-common/target/metron-common-0.2.1BETA.jar) and
it does not appear to be correct to me. It would be good to have this on
your radar to verify across the board -- make sure that L&N inside the
artifacts your source-release creates (shaded JARs) is properly licensed
just like the source-release is.
* What's going on with the Metron Ambari Management Pack? It has a
different version than the rest of the code (Metron Ambari Management
Pack 1.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT). Is this intentional?

- Josh