incubator-general mailing list archives

From jus...@classsoftware.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC4
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 03:31:17 GMT
Hi,

+1 binding but i did have a bit of trouble building from source

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- All ASF file have ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- manage to compile on OSX

IMO It would be best if build instructions were included in the release and no on the wiki.

Also currently looks like openssl may be a little broken and info on the wiki may need updating:
brew link --force openssl
Warning: Refusing to link: openssl
Linking keg-only openssl means you may end up linking against the insecure,
deprecated system OpenSSL while using the headers from Homebrew's openssl.
Instead, pass the full include/library paths to your compiler e.g.:
  -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib

I needed up doing this to make it compile:
make CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib"

All looks good licence and notice to me although there might still be some issues given the
large number of files involved. Would be great to get someone else to do a review.

I would of probably would not put the PostgreSQL license text in NOTICE, may want to consider
removing that in the next release, but I assume it was discussed and decide that was the best
way to go?

Thanks,
Justin