incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ease of release process and exit criteria
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:40:48 GMT
On 20/08/2016 20:59, Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> It seems there is general consensus that this is a good idea. I'm
> therefore going to do the following.
>
> 1. Draft some text to add to
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#releases
>    and bring that back to this list for discussion

The text I propose adding to the end of the first sentence in "Creating
an Apache Release" section is:

It is also important for a project to document how to create a release.
It should be possible for someone new to the project to work from the
documentation to independently create a release. (Note: Creating a
release is usually more complex than simply being able to build from
source.)

Thoughts?

Mark