incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mitch Claborn <mitch...@claborn.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:07:10 GMT
I'm very new in this type of thing. I have zero experience with ASF,
etc, so if this is out of line, please forgive and I'll keep silent.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the HOW in terms of moving NetBeans
to the Apache project, but not much/any discussion about WHY. I'm not a
NetBeans coder/contributor, but simply someone who uses it 8+ hours per
day in my normal job.

My main question is: will moving NetBeans to Apache result in a better
product for people like me? If so, what particular aspects of moving
will make that happen? Are there other projects that have made a similar
move and experienced higher quality as a result?

Mitch