incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:39:47 GMT
On 09/14/2016 03:51 PM, Wade Chandler wrote:

>> On Sep 14, 2016, at 09:38, Wade Chandler <consult@wadechandler.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 14, 2016, at 09:28, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org <mailto:humbedooh@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> While not a forum in the traditional sense, lists.apache.org <http://lists.apache.org/>
does offer
>>> interacting with lists without having to use a separate mail client. You
>>> just log in via oauth and then read/write stuff :)
>>>

>> Wow…all these years using the Apache lists in some way or another I never knew
about that. That is pretty cool, and I do think it could replace forums. Certainly users have
to get used to anything new. I think the Apache OAuth button, and the Mozilla Persona buttons,
should perhaps be slightly different. The button itself could read “Apache Commiters Login”
with a sub-link bottom right justified “using Apache OAuth” and “Apache Users Login”
and a sub-link bottom right justified “using Mozilla Persona”; just to make it more intuitive,
but certainly works, and is awesome! I had never used Persona, but it was easy to setup and
get going.

> Hmm, so it seems if I’m subscribed to a list the message goes through without a hiccup,
but if not, then it takes a good bit if it will be delivered at all. Does anyone know if you
are not subscribed to a list if you can start conversations in other lists from lists.apache.org
<http://lists.apache.org/>?

External provider aside, Pony Mail is an Apache project, so people are
welcome to help improve it :) Jump in and...do stuff :)

With regards,
Daniel.