incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Aether, renamed to Maven Artifact Resolver
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 00:23:12 GMT
Hi,

> AFAIK, the incoming ant repo is covered by the Sonatype software grant: what
> precise 3rd party code are you concerned about?

From a quick look there BSD and code copyright  copyright various other people [1]

Copyright (c) 2000 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
Copyright (c) 2001-2003, ThoughtWorks, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2002 Extreme! Lab, Indiana University. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004, The Codehaus
Copyright (c) 2004-2008 QOS.ch

However it may just be these licenses refer to stuff that’s been removed, but I'm not sure?

All look to be permissive but they would be need to not be part of the grant and keep their
original license and headers (assuming they exist that is).

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/eclipse/aether-ant/tree/master/src/main/resources/about_files