incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:06:34 GMT
Yep this thread sounds very similar to those discussions. I think we have the
story emerging here that we can move forward with.

Cheers,
Chris

On 9/29/16, 11:05 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi Chris,

    On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
    > ...I have a bit of a different understanding. We only accept code contributions
    > that want to be here....

    This sounds similar to the discussions we had about Bloodhound back in
    early 2012 - Roy had some good comments about what we should or should
    not accept, at https://s.apache.org/roy_forks_2012

    It's not all black and white, but IMO we do need some form of
    agreement from the original authors about the ASF taking control of
    their code. Or maybe a demonstration that they really don't care about
    it anymore, which some of the info in this thread hints to.

    -Bertrand