incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 13:50:16 GMT
> hg doesn't have the committer/author separation like GIT has, right? :(

I don't believe it does, yet.

> In the ASF it's good practice to give credits to the patch contributor in
> the commit, e.g.
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5bafa2ba5977ab88c8dfe376c97568
> 25d948bce9afd3b69aa693ab96@%3Ccommits.openwebbeans.apache.org%3E
>
> But of course that makes doing the research much more complicated.

Generally commit messages do reference the bugzilla issue number and
sometimes the contributor directly but this makes it hard to compile a list
automatically.

> Which brings us to another question:
> If the commits just referenced a bugzilla ticket, do we also like to
> migrate the bugzilla content over?
> Or at least keep it browsable somewhere?

I would want to keep as much of the context/history as possible. Bugzilla
issues have a lot of important discussions.