incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:48:02 GMT
Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
> What is the expected impact on infrastructure here?...

I'll let Geertjan or someone else who's familiar with the existing
setups comment on the below list, from the Special Infrastructure
Requests in the proposal (I have numbered them now for clarity).

Instead of "migrating internal Oracle release infrastructure" for
example we might discuss build/release requirements that might be
specific to NetBeans, I'm not sure if reproducing existing
infrastructure matches the ASF's infra view of the world. So maybe
what we need at this point is a rough outline of the expectations of
the current NetBeans team.

> SIR01 Migration of large existing Mercurial repository to Apache Git
> SIR02 Migration of internal Oracle release infrastructure to Apache infrastructure
> SIR03 Migration of plugin publication system, plugins.netbeans.org, to Apache infrastructure
> SIR04 Migration of website and related content management system to Apache infrastructure
> SIR05 Evaluation and identification of other NetBeans infrastructure to be migrated to
Apache infastructures

-Bertrand