incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:55:55 GMT
Hi John,

I'll reply separately to your different points.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:12 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I too share some of the infra concerns Daniel's pointed out.  For instance,
> where it is referenced one large hg repository, I count 33 repositories
> hosted on hg.netbeans.org.  Some of them haven't been maintained in a
> while, so I wonder if they're relevant or not....

I cannot speak for our infra team, but once a mechanism is in place
for importing Mercurial repositories it shouldn't be much harder to
import 33 of them compared to a few less. And it's probably best to
have the full history.

That being said, if some of those 33 repos are really dead, now might
be a good time to delete them.

-Bertrand