incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Radical proposal: no initial list of committers
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:01:33 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>

>> For example, I'm really curious whether the current cast of NetBeans
>> mentors are really aware of the IP review workload that is going to hit
>> them
>> once NetBeans tries to produce its first official Apache Release.
>

> In that regard, I'm not concerned about "the known knowns" and "the known
> unknowns". Those are OK, we'll work through them. Just like you, I imagine,
> I'm concerned about "the unknown unknowns":
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk
>
> On the other hand, I know we will cross those bridges when we get to them.

Agreed. I was only using it as an example of how difficult it may be to fully
estimate the commitment of time/effort for a mentor.

Greg's proposal, as far as I can see, is predicated on mentors being fully
aware of an increased load.

Thanks,
Roman.