incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.9.1-rc2
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 23:23:36 GMT
Hi,

> The MADlib community is unclear on how to deal with the dual license.

Well that makes two off us. :-)

> Till now we've treated all *new* files (i.e. files that were created
> after joining Apache) as Apache license with required headers and all
> old files under the BSD.

I can see several new files that don’t have Apache headers. For example incubator-madlib-1.9.1/src/madpack/changelist_*_1.9.1.yaml

> Is it recommended that we add the Apache header on any file that
> contains an edit (old or new)?

The advice here [1] (see points 4 and 5) say only if the changes are significant but it assumes
that files have a license header in the first place.

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party