incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SGA or ICLA?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:49:43 GMT
Thanks for the clarification Craig.

I like the idea of ICLA over SGA for individuals since it sets people up to contribute to
more than one project. With an ICLA on file, it makes it that much easier to add someone as
a committer/PMC Member to any project.

-Taylor

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 7:29 PM, Craig Russell <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Taylor,
>
> My advice is to simply get ICLAs for all past, present, and future contributors to the
project. That will cover Apache’s requirements.

> If you have people who for whatever reason won’t sign the ICLA, perhaps you can bring
their concerns back here.

> Regards,
>
> Criag
>
>> On Sep 14, 2016, at 2:03 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I’m about to go through the IP clearance process for some code donations and will
need to track down some individuals and ask them to sign and Agreement (SGA or ICLA).

>> It seems clear to me that the primary author should submit a SGA, but it’s not
clear which to use for other individuals who made contributions.

>> For individuals who contributed in the past, but are not likely to contribute in
the future, it seems and SGA is more appropriate. For individuals who are likely to contribute
in the future an ICLA seems more appropriate.