incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:34:28 GMT
Hi Stian!

We *never* push commits for in-progress votes to hte ASF repos when we use GIT!
The reason is that we cannot get rid of those afterwards! Of course we can delete the branch/tag/commit
from the ASF repo, but we cannot delete them from all the hundreds downstream repos which
almost immediately pull those changes...

You can think of pushing this to a private (but PMC owned!) github repo as kind of parallel
to the Maven 'staging'  process.

Please find more in depth explanation over at [1]

Of course we should have added the sha1 of the commit to the VOTE mail. Guilty as charged
for this. Romain, could you please officially denote the commit?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://deltaspike.apache.org/staging/steps_for_a_release.html