incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 08:53:17 GMT
Hi Justin!

First, thanks for the review!

The question got asked as well while we started incubation.

I'll try to quickly sum up the outcome:
No, we didn't get an official grant, but the RI is ALv2 and we actively asked the IBM devs/managers
and they are perfectly fine with it. They even give feedback on JIRA and contributed patches
later on.

We are actively working together so to say.
But by not having a grant we cannot change the copyright for those files.

We have the (c) ASF header for stuff we wrote our own, and the (c) IBM header for stuff IBM
wrote.Given this I think the header is fine, isn't?

LieGrue,
strub

On Monday, 26 September 2016, 10:22, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>+0 until IBM copyright question sorted. Happy to change to +1 if there’s a good reason
for it.

>I’d guess that the code come from them in a software grant and the copyright has just
been forgotten to be removed and IBM added to the NOTICE file?

>I checked:
>- inculcating in name
>- signature and hashes correct
>- DISCLAIMER exists
>- LICENSE is missing normalise.css found inside this file [4] and for jQuery [5] Please
fix in next release.
>- NOTICE correct
>- No binary files in release
>- All source files have ASF header but there’s an issue with IBM copyright
>- Can compile from source
>
>It would be use to place the artefacts here [1] for voting on that was they can be released
with an svn move.

>I’m a little confused by these [2][3] They contain BSD. MIT, MPL, CDDL licenses but
it’s not mentioned in LICENSE.

>There are several files e.g. with ASF header with copyright 2012 or 2013 International
Business Machines Corp. Is this correct? If so what ASv2 licensed software did they come from
or were they part of a software grant?