incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject SGA or ICLA?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:03:54 GMT
I’m about to go through the IP clearance process for some code donations and will need to
track down some individuals and ask them to sign and Agreement (SGA or ICLA).

It seems clear to me that the primary author should submit a SGA, but it’s not clear which
to use for other individuals who made contributions.

For individuals who contributed in the past, but are not likely to contribute in the future,
it seems and SGA is more appropriate. For individuals who are likely to contribute in the
future an ICLA seems more appropriate.

For the specific case I have in mind, original author and contributors are all individuals,
there is no Company involved.

Is my reasoning sound here?

-Taylor