incubator-general mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <cons...@wadechandler.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:13:26 GMT
> On Sep 19, 2016, at 11:04, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com <mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>
wrote:

> On 9/19/16, 6:16 AM, "Mark Struberg" <struberg@yahoo.de.INVALID <mailto:struberg@yahoo.de.invalid>>
wrote:

>> We also need to check whether the author and contributor flags are
>> properly moved over by the import. We don't like to loose any IP
>> provenance... Etc, etc.
>
> Isn't IP provenance reset by the SGA?  It was for Adobe Flex.  Only a
> couple of committers came in with the 10 year old code base.  Everyone
> else had moved on, but because all were employees of Adobe, it didn't
> matter.  The log just says that someone from Adobe made a commit, not who.

Sorry…sent first from wrong email alias...

NB has a contributor agreement too, and so to contribute we all had to sign one assigning
IP to Oracle (same for Sun when they were around).

https://netbeans.org/community/contribute/patches.html <https://netbeans.org/community/contribute/patches.html>

“If this is your first code submission to netbeans.org <http://netbeans.org/>, you
must fill in a Contributor Agreement - see the CA Policy <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oca-faq-405384.pdf>
page for more info.”

https://netbeans.org/community/contribute/hg.html <https://netbeans.org/community/contribute/hg.html>

“You must have filled in a Contributor Agreement - see the CA Policy <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oca-faq-405384.pdf>
page for more info. No code can be committed until a CA is completed.”

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oca-faq-405384.pdf <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oca-faq-405384.pdf>

Thanks,

Wade

Wade Chandler