incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.0.0-incubating Release
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 20:39:30 GMT

On 8/9/16, 1:27 PM, "shaposhnik@gmail.com on behalf of Roman Shaposhnik"
<shaposhnik@gmail.com on behalf of roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
>wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> This is why we're relying a great deal on RAT's exclusion file to mark
>>> the files that came from PG even though their license headers could
>>>look weir enough.
>>
>> Would’t be better to fix/add the headers?
>
>For things where we diverged from the upstream with producing sizable
>changes
>to the existing code -- absolutely and some of your findings may as
>well fit in that
>category. For the code that is kept pristine, I'd like to avoid
>modifying the headers.

Did the code owners (original authors of these files) actually sign an SGA
to donate these files to Apache?  If not, these files are technically not
part of a code donation and should be treated as you would any 3rd party
code.  AIUI, you can't grant code you don't own, even if it was
accidentally included in an SGA.

-Alex