incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN dist question
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 22:59:23 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

> It’s A1 and B1. By the time you graduate, the old releases will have moved
> to archive.apache.org/repos/dist/incubator/fluo <
> http://archive.apache.org/repos/dist/incubator/fluo>, but same problem.
> Incubator releases are not “proper" Apache releases, do not necessarily
> meet the high standard expected of Apache releases, so it’s appropriate
> that they are forever labeled as not-quite-pristine.

Thanks. That helps.

Just to be clear, I imagine there is often a point of time right after
graduation, where only incubating releases exist. The new TLP should *NOT*
move these from their location in dist/release/incubator (even though they
still have -incubating in their name), but should instead leave them there.
Then, when they release their first non-incubating release, they should put
that in their own dist/release/myNewTLP and remove the incubating releases
so they are only available in the archive. Is that correct?