incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ease of release process and exit criteria
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:57:48 GMT
Hi Mark,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm thinking of a graduation criteria long the lines of:
> "Is the release process clearly documented to the point that someone new
> to the project could produce a release build?"...

I like this - as another example we have
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html
in Sling, and as someone who does releases in bursts that's very
useful.

> ...If there is general consensus on this, I'm happy to draft something to
> add to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#releases ...

+1 and it's good to add links such as the ones you mentioned and the
above if you think they are good examples.

How about also adding an RE50 item to
https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html
about a repeatable release process? That's a discussion for
community.a.o but what's your opinion?

-Bertrand