incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Namespacing of subproject Docker images vs. Incubator policy
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:27:06 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

> FWIW, I say that we should just adopt a repository.apache.org approach
> and declare that nightly/snapshot Docker images can only be distributed
> from our own Docker repo. That way there's absolutely 0 chance anybody
> can get them by accident.

Running our own hub a la repository.apache.org would address the concerns
about distributing unreleased materials outside the development community.  It
sounds like a worthwhile Infra feature request. +1

Having `latest` on the central dockerhub point derive from the last
official release sounds like a good move, regardless.

For background:

    http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy#release-definition
    http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy#publication

Marvin Humphrey