incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.0.0-incubating Release
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 23:54:20 GMT
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> To be concrete:  up thread was mention of shm.c
>
> I found two shm.c files in the HAWQ repo.  It says it came in as part of
> the SGA.  I looked in PostGreSQL's repo, but didn't find shm.c in the same
> paths.  So where did HAWQ's shm.c come from?  I think that's what Justin
> is asking.

As I mentioned in my original reply to Justin, you should be looking at 8.1.0
version of PG:
    https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/REL8_1_0/src/backend/port/qnx4/shm.c

Once again, we know for a fact that ALL of these files that we're discussing
came from PG (older versions, but still). There's a different set of files that
Justin identified that didn't come from PG. Those are not part of this
discussion.

Thanks,
Roman.