incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.0.0.0-incubating Release
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 22:12:31 GMT
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If you remember, we had a very similar conversation in the context of
>> Kudu, and I’d like HAWQ to stick to the same path treating unmodified upstream
code that Kudu
>> settled on: http://markmail.org/thread/7w7gjmqrzlutx62z
>
> And the result of that is that it almost impossible to review any Kudu releases without
a direct file by file comparison to the previous release. File headers make everyones life
easier.

Sure, but mu point is: since I'm not comfortable going against the
current stated policy
on unmodified 3d party:
    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
we'll have to track a whole bunch of file names somehow anyway.

Thanks,
Roman.