incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] move the Incubator Report section to SVN or GIT?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 08:06:14 GMT
On 08/08/2016 10:03 AM, Christopher wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 3:34 AM Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Another possible option would be to move it to our CMS.
>>
>> That would bring us SVN for the people who prefer vi, but also a graphical
>> UI for editing.
>> And it would make people make familiar with our CMS.
>

> I prefer the Wiki over CMS. I find CMS to be clumsy and annoying. I'm glad
> the projects I'm involved in no longer use (or never have used) it. I'd be
> willing to use SVN (reluctantly, and with git-svn), but if it were tied to
> CMS, there'd still be the second publication step using CMS which would be
> annoying.
>
> There is something to be said about the low barrier to entry of a Wiki,
> though. Anybody can do it. It's the least developer-centric way of doing
> things out there. I know CMS tries to be that, but it hasn't quite
> succeeded.

Why not make a whimsy-like application for this? That would ensure that
you are only meddling with the specific sub-section of the report you
are working on, and would allow multiple people to work on the report at
the same time, maybe even have a simple sign-off button for mentors?

Shouldn't take long to make that :)

With regards,
Daniel.