incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.3.1 (incubating)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 11:32:13 GMT
Sorry but -1 due to transitive LGPL dependencies that come in with the
project.

Findbugs jsr305 shows an inconsistent license, some places show Apache
others show LGPL.  LGPL is the generally regarding cannonical license AFAIK.

In addition, springboot-starter-data-jpa brings in a transitive Hibernate
4.3 release, which is also LGPL.

Though I'm happy to hear arguments from IPMC members why this may be OK for
an initial release, since the source release does include a proper
disclaimer.

John